3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray
Discover how to leverage the substance-based toolset from Allegorithmic with V-Ray in 3ds Max. In this course, explore the various workflow requirements and options that are available when using the Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Bitmap2Material applications with 3ds Max and V-Ray. Brian Bradley explains what substance-based tools are, and how to use them with the 3ds Max application. He also demonstrates how to create materials from photographic assets, how to work with substances and maps from Substance Designer, and how to export maps from Substance Painter.
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter